Milly’s Pantry COVID-19 Message
Our 19 Main Street storefront, The Pinwheel Market, is NOW OPEN! In accordance with CDC and state guidelines, we have enhanced our cleaning and sanitation procedures and implemented certain safety elements to create a comfortable environment for our visiting customers.
- We’ve limited our business hours to Thursday through Saturday, 10am-4pm
- We’ve closed our lunch service but our drink and dessert bar are open, as well as our local vendor and artisan merchandise
- We’ve increased the frequency of sterilizing and disinfecting
- We’ve posted signage informing visiting customers that face shields are required before entering the store
- We’ve provided hand sanitization areas and free face masks for customers
- We’ve highlighted floor spacing to allow for social distancing
- We’ve removed instore seating and adopted a ‘take-out only’ approach to our service
- All staff and Market volunteers wear protective masks and use hand sanitizer between services
- We’ve installed counter top and payment location plexiglass shields
- We’ve reviewed with all staff and volunteers on all food safety practices, with enhanced state guidelines on COVID-19
- We monitor staff and volunteers for signs of any type of illness and encourage them to return or stay home if ill
We will continue to evaluate our safety procedures and adjust accordingly. The safety of our customers, staff and volunteers remains our top priority.
Milly’s Pantry continues to serve youth in Yates County through our Weekend Back Pack Program and School Supplies Programming. We are taking necessary precautions in packing and working with the schools for distribution to families.
If you need information with emergency resources, Milly’s Pantry Programming or The Pinwheel Market, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315-694-7350.
To address poverty by empowering Yates County children and their families.
To be recognized as a generous and compassionate organization supporting Yates County children.
Weekend Back Pack Program
The program allows weekend food to be available for children in need.
School Supplies Program
The program goal is to assure that each child is prepared for a successful school year by being provided teacher-requested school supplies.
Pinwheel Market & Cafe Next Door
Kitchen & Ballroom
The commercial kitchen on the 2nd floor is available for entrepreneurial activities and cooking classes. The 3rd floor Ballroom complex are busy with private rental and health and wellness classes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who do you provide services to?
Children up to 18 years of age residing in Yates County.
What services do you provide?
Weekend food once a week to registered youth through Weekend Back Pack Program. Teacher requested school supplies for K-12 through School Supplies Program. Summer meals through Summer Food Program.
How can I help?
We value and encourage volunteering with our programming or Main Street business, The Pinwheel Market & Cafe. We also accept monetary donations by mail or drop off to The Pinwheel Market & Cafe.
Who is Milly?
The most recent program, known as the Weekend Back Pack Program – purchases, packs and distributes food to children for consumption on weekends spent away from school lunch programs, where otherwise hunger would prevail.
For her unceasing lifetime of work in making life a bit easier for the children of Yates County, Camilla “Milly” Bloomquist has been awarded “THE PRESIDENTIAL CITIZENS MEDAL” by President Barack Obama at a White House ceremony in October of 2011.
What kind of items do you sell in your store?
We also provide our own from scratch light lunch menu items, old-fashion homemade sodas, milkshakes, and a coffee bar beverages.
Every $3 purchase helps provide food for a single child for a weekend.